When building a new home or undertaking a renovation, the most important decision you’ll make is picking the right builder. Choose well and the builder will bring your dream home to life, settle for less and you may regret it for years to come.
Based in the Northern Suburbs of Wollongong , Black Diamond Constructions are your local building experts specialising in residential extensions, new home builds and renovations.
Some of the best information to assist you in selecting your builder can be from speaking to previous clients and obtaining references, from those who’ve dealt with them before.It is imperative that you choose a builder that is licenced, registered and insured.
Another great measure is to look at what their past projects are, and try to find multiple examples of houses that are very similar to what you want. For example, if you’re looking to build a contemporary home, you wouldn’t go for a builder if they mainly do French provincial-style homes, and vice versa. Ask yourself, are they the right fit for your project, e.g don’t engage a commercial builder for a bespoke home, just as you wouldn’t engage a one man business, for a complex or large project.
It is also very important to read reviews and speak to past or current clients before you sign. A good builder will have no issue with letting you speak to previous clients, and they should be able to supply good, verifiable references.
Think about the relationship you want to develop with the builder you work with. At Black Diamond Construction, we highly value the relationship with our clients. You will be given our directors personal phone number to be your one point of contact throughout your project.
We have compiled a list of key questions to ask your builder, to help decide if they are the right fit for you and your project.
- Are they an industry association member e.g HIA or MBA?
- Check their licensing on the NSW home building licence check.
- Do they have systems and processes in place for things like variations
- Do they use software for communication and costing transparency
- Ask for the address of current worksites and drive byte have a look. A clean worksite is usually a mark of a builder who takes pride in his work and takes health and safety seriously.
- Ask for past photos of different projects
- It’s vital to get the right builder for your project who will deliver what you want, for the price you want, but be wary if their quote is significantly cheaper than others, ask why? It can sometimes be a tactic to make up the difference in cost, in variations.
With us, you will be guided through the entire process from conception through to completion, with a strong focus on quality service and products to deliver the home you imagined.
No matter what stage of the process you’re at we can help. Whether it is design, engineering or certification.
For more information, contact us via our website or call 0423184554.